Here are a few quick notes about play style and such so that you know what you’re in for.
- Psionics heavy
- Encounters will not always be CR appropriate. Just like old school games you need to hone your instincts on when to run like hell.
- If you’ve got background ideas or something you want to do but don’t know where there are rules to let you do it, talk to me. We will figure it out.
- There is a lot of intrigue, factions and politics going on. Some sessions might be all combat but some will have none.
- I encourage designing your character for internal logic rather than optimization. Spending a skill rank on Knowledge (butterflies) can sometimes be a good choice for instance. It’s all about collaborative storytelling.
- Your decisions will determine which major story arc the campaign follows. There are many laid out, but the PCs have complete autonomy as to which hooks they follow. Semi-sandbox style basically.
To infinity and beyond!